Metro

Transfer OC Mopol Out Of Ekiti, Group Tells IG

The Inspector-General of Police, Muhammad Dikko Abubakar, has been told to redeploy the Ekiti State Mopol Commander, Gabriel Selenkere Michael, out of the state as his security can no longer be guaranteed.

In a statement in Ado-Ekiti, a political pressure group, Ekiti Youth Emancipation Movement (EYEM) said Gabriel Selenkere Michael by his attack on Governor Kayode Fayemi on Sunday, 8th June, 2014, had demonstrated that he was out to either maim or assassinate the governor, hence the call for his redeployment.

According to EYEM President, Mr. Taiwo Olatunji, who signed the statement, Ekiti people no longer trust the OC Mopol and are prepared to defend their governor against Abuja onslaught.

EYEM noted that victims of political assassination such as late Chief Bola Ige were first taunted before they were finally silenced.

It said with the statement credited to Vice President Namadi Sambo that the Ekiti election would be a war, it was apparent that Gabriel Selenkere Michael had been issued an order to not only decimate the supporters of APC, but to also assassinate the governor.

EYEM said the IG should immediately transfer the OC Mopol out of Ekiti, otherwise the people may be forced to get him before he gets them.

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close
Close