Unconfirmed reports have indicated that President Muhammadu Buhari has assigned portfolios to the ministerial nominees who have just been cleared by the Nigeria’s Upper Legislative Chamber, the Senate.
Senate completed the screening and approval of the nominees on Thursday, 29th October, 2015, paving the way for their swearing-in and subsequent allocation of portfolios.
The portfolios, thegazellenews.com learnt, at press time but which is still subject to alteration by the President are:
(1) Agric and Natural Resources Audu Ogbeh, Benue.
(2) Agric and Natural Resources (State), Geoffrey Onyema, Enugu.
(3) Attorney General and Minister for Justice, James Ocholi, Kogi.
(4) Aviation, Sen Hadi Sirika, Katsina.
(5) Defence, Abdur-Rahman Dambazau, Kano.
(6) Defence, (State), Dan Ali, Zamfara.
(7) Education, Isaac Adewole, Osun.
(8) Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abubakar Bawa Bwari, Niger.
(9) FCT (State) Solomon Dalong, Plateau.
(10) Finance, Okechukwu Enelamah, Abia.
(11) Finance (State), Kemi Adeosun, Ogun.
(12) Foreign Affairs,.Kayode Fayemi, Ekiti.
(13) Foreign Affairs (State), Adamu Adamu, Bauchi.
(14) Health, Osagie Ehanire, Edo.
(15) Information and Communication, Lai Mohammed, Kwara.
(16) Interior, Cladius Omoleye Daramola, Ondo.
17) Labour and Productivity, Prof Anthony Onwuka, Imo.
(18) Mines and Steel Development, Abubakar Malami, Kebbi.
(19) National Planning, Amina Mohammed, Gombe.
(20) Niger Delta Affairs, Rotimi Amaechi, Rivers.
(21) Niger Delta Affairs (State), Pastor Usani Uguru, Cross River.
(22) Petroleum, (State) Ibe Kachikwu, Delta.
(23) Police Affairs, Chris Ngige, Anambra.
(24) Power, Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN, Lagos.
(26) Sports and Youth Development, Heineken Lokpobiri, Bayelsa.
(27) Trade and Investment, Udo Udo Udoma, Akwa Ibom.
(28) Trade and Investment (State), Zainab Ahmed, Kaduna.
(29) Women Affairs, Hajia Khadija Bukar Ibrahim, Yobe.
(30) Works and Transport, Ogbonaya Onu, Ebonyi.
(31) Works and Transport (State), Barr. Adebayo Shittu, Oyo.
The portfolios of the remaining five nominees are still being awaited as at press time.