By Abimbola Ogunnaike
The Osun State Fire Service has confirmed that three persons died after being trapped inside a well at the Ojoro area of Owode Ede, Ede North local government area of the state
Thegazellenews.com gathered that two of the deceased were siblings who worked as masons known in local parlance as bricklayers.
The victims: Waliu Adediran, 31 years old; and his younger brother, 22-year-old Lateef Adediran; were contracted to work on the building construction project of a 46-year-old pastor identified as Pastor Adebayo Oluwasina when the incident occurred.
The spokesperson of the state fire service, Adekunle Ibrahim revealed that they have recovered and evacuated the corpses.
According to Adekunle, the three men were trapped in the well as a result of the presence of Ammonia gas.
“After we learnt of the incident, we immediately responded and recovered the three victims with the coordinated efforts of men of the Federal and Osun State Fire Services, A Division of the Nigerian Police, Ede and residents of the community.
“They were brought out dead. We have evacuated their corpses. Their bodies were taken to an undisclosed hospital by the O’ Ambulance crew, where they were also confirmed dead and their bodies handed over to their families,” the spokesperson said