By Desmond Ekwueme
It is somehow strange but it is true! Yemi Saka, the father of new sensation of the England national team, Bukayo, is a diehard fan of Newcastle United.
The elder Saka’s love for Alan Shearer was the reason he loves Newcastle and despite his son being a successful Arsenal player, he has not reneged on his support for Newcastle.
These are other interesting facts you need to know about about the young England International
1. Bukayo Saka’s Nigerian parents, dad Yomi and mum Adenike, settled in Ealing when they arrived the UK in the 1990s as economic migrants to give their unborn children a better life.
2. Bukayo lives with his parents in a six bedroom mansion in Hertfordshire, which he bought in November 2019 for £2.3 million.
3. At just 18 years and 125 days old, he became the youngest player to start a match for London giants Arsenal in their match with Man United in the Premier League.
4. Yomi Saka the father of Bukayo Saka is a diehard Newcastle fan.
5. Alan Shearer was the reason why Bukayo’s dad loves Newcastle United till date.
6. His father takes him to Old Trafford as a seven-year-old that ignited his aspirations to become a professional footballer…and when they moved closer to live near Arsenal he took him to the club regularly.
7. At age of three or four Bukayo would be playing football at home in the garden with his dad, and elder brother.
8. After school, they ate and then it was straight into the garden to play football. They would play for hours. They kept playing until Bukayo wins because he wouldn’t let them back inside even when they were tired.
9. Weekends in their house were always about football. His dad would usually take him to Arsenal and his mum would take his elder brother to Watford.’
10. Bukayo has an older brother who played for Watford as a defender until he was 14.