1.The Osun Progressives (TOP) has lauded the state judiciary for standing by the truth and ensuring the rule of law prevailed on the political matter brought before it yesterday.
2. As law abiding citizens who cherish doing things the right way, TOP applauds the professional manner by which the judiciary handled the malicious case brought by the Governor Gboyega Oyetola led government against our leaders, despite that the originators of the suit had wanted a different path.
3. The Magistrate Court had represented the state judiciary well by ensuring that he gave bail to the persons brought before him as the law requires and in contradiction to the wishes of power mongers who wanted them detained in either police custody or correctional centre.
4. We note and it is imperative that the judiciary should brace up to challenging situations like the politically motivated case he handled yesterday and be able to do what law prescribes and that which is right at all times.
5. The Osun Progressives also thank all men of goodwill who has taken interest in the politically motivated arrests and arraignment of our leaders by Osun government agents who are blinded by the wish to revenge our patriotic call to have our party reworked and re-energised for future greatness.
6. We also thank all members of the APC who shared our views in helping to bring our party on its feet for their concerns in the moment of trial which our government has put us.
7. We urged them not to be disturbed by the government’s use of naked power on us for asking for a clear need to have a better political party capable of winning elections as we are sure that truth will prevail.
8. We have information that Governor Oyetola has asked the originators of the suit to withdraw it but TOP notes that it would have been most fair to have the trial for the purpose of clearing our leaders of the politically motivated allegations made against them.
9. We are convinced that the obnoxious tag of thuggery which they tried to affix on our leaders could only be repelled by the trial court and not a simple declaration of discontinuance by the governor. Mr Governor’s directive is a mere face saving because they know that the frivolous case cannot be proved in court.
10. If our party, APC, is being managed the way it should, the crisis would not have gotten to this current situation. We have said it, and we will continue to say it that the party is derailing.
11. While we acknowledge resolution of the crisis which was brought on the party by impunity and raw show of power by our government and the outgoing party leadership, we assured that we are not daunted or bowed as we are committed to the objectives for which we exist, that is the reformation of Osun APC which fortune has dwindled appreciably in the last few years.
12. We urge all right thinking members of APC to join TOP in the bid to have a renewed and working party that will win elections at all times.
Reverend Adelowo Adebiyi