Former Governor Peter Odili has approached the Federal High Court, Port Harcourt for a restraining order as the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) begins investigating him for alleged diversion of over N100 billion belonging to Rivers State.
In the suit numbered FH/PHC/C3/26/2020 and dated February 20, 2020, the applicant is seeking an order of interlocutory injunction restraining the anti-graft agency from arresting, arraigning and prosecuting him in any court pursuant to any investigation that borders on any alleged financial impropriety during his tenure as governor of the state between 1999 and 2007.
But the EFCC yesterday gave an update on the case being investigated for which some restraining orders were obtained by both the representatives of the state government and Odili, adding that new intelligence reports gotten against the third party had alleged link with some group of companies belonging to the ex-governor.
- Videos, Photos As Kogi Youths Protest Alleged Attempt To Burn Down State By SDP Candidate Ajaka
- NHRC Will Henceforth Ensure Bills Violating Human Rights Do Not Get Passed
- Private Sector, Crucial Foundation Of Nigerian Government – VP Shettima; Says Tinubu Poised For Innovation-driven Environment
- Witness Nails Naira Marley Over Card Fraud As His Trial Over ‘Yahoo’ Offence Is Adjourned To 2024
- Cop28: Nigeria Must Solve Energy Poverty Alongside Climate Change Crisis, Says Laolu Akande
- Abiodun Assures Investors Of Availability Of Land, Distributes 5,000 CofOs
- Zenith Bank, CFA Institute To Enhance Finance, Investment Skills
- Ogun Govt Reads Riot Act To Kara Cattle Market Traders Over Unhygienic Environment; Gives 48-hr Ultimatum