The House of Representatives member representing Ikeja Federal Constituency, Honourable James Abiodun Faleke, has commissioned another block of six classrooms for pupils of Anifowose Nursery/Primary School, Ikeja.
The school project was executed through the Office of the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
According to the Chairman of the House Committee on Finance, while speaking during the commissioning on Tuesday, 1 February, 2022, the project was part of his educational support and empowerment programmes to enhance teaching and learning in the Federal Constituency.
Apart from commissioned classroom project, Honourable Faleke also donated the following to the school: 71 branded students tough plastic tables and chairs; 127 packs of branded big hard-covered exercise books; 103 packs of branded exercise books, 40 leaves; 100 packs of branded exercise book, 60 leaves; 5 classrooms white board 4ft of 881; 3O refilable marker and refiller; 116 hard cover big note; 99 exercise book 60 leaves; 100 exercise books 40 leaves; 30 bottles of ink; 5 white marker board; 50 plastic chairs; and 50 plastic tables to the school.
“We urge the school management to ensure that the students are avail with these materials so as to upgrade their learning process while also enhancing the teaching ability of the teachers,” the former Chairman of Ojodu Local Council Development Area said.
He assured further that, “we will continue to do our best to support education and improve the lives of our constituents in Ikeja Federal Constituency”.
Before the latest commissioned block of classrooms, Honourable Faleke’s educational improvement and empowerment programmes have included but not limited to the following:
1. Construction of a block of 3 classrooms in Oke-Ira Primary School, Ogba.
2. Construction of a block of 3 classrooms at Ogba Primary School, Ogba
3. Construction of a block of 3 classrooms at Onipetesi Primary School, Onipetesi, Ikeja
4. Construction of a block of 6 classrooms with toilets and equipped with students desk and chairs at Estate Primary School, Ogba.
5. Construction of 2 blocks of 12 classrooms with toilets and equipped with student desk and chairs at State Primary School, Onipetesi Ikeja.
6. Construction of a block of 3 classrooms with toilets and equipped with student desks/chairs at Bola Memorial Primary School, Abule Onigbagbo, Onigbongbo LCDA.
7. Construction of a block of 2 classrooms equipped with student desks and chairs at Ojodu Primary School, Ojodu.
8. Construction of a block of 6 classrooms at Omole Junior Secondary School, Ojodu.
9. Provision and distribution of 180 computer laptops for selected students of senior secondary schools across Ikeja Federal Constituency.
10. Periodic distribution of free UME JAMB forms to deserving students in Ikeja Federal Constituency.
11. Periodic award of scholarship to deserving students in Ikeja Federal Constituency.
12. Regular payment of tuition fees for some deserving undergraduates of tertiary institutions.
13. Provision of ICT centres fully equipped with Desktop computers with solar powered lights/inverters and generators, airconditioners, ceiling fans and furnitures at Millennium Junior Grammar School, Ojodu and Ogba Junior Grammar School.
14. Regular distributions of free note books to some public schools in Ikeja Federal Constituency.
15. Ongoing construction of block of classrooms in the following schools: Army Cantonment Primary School, Maryland; Onilekere Primary School, Onilekere; and
Olusosun Primary School, Olusosun, Ikeja.
Honourable Faleke also reeled out several empowerment programmes for the people of his constituency which he said are meant to lift people out of poverty.