Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho is eyeing a decade of Premier League dominance after signing Cesc Fabregas, Diego Costa and Filipe Luis.
Mourinho splashed out around £80million to bring the trio to Stamford Bridge from La Liga, where Fabregas had been deemed surplus to requirements at Barcelona and Filipe Luis and Diego Costa had just led Atletico Madrid to the league title.
‘A team which has been a winning team for ten seasons is changing step by step, we’ve bought new players and we are trying to build for the next decade,’ said Mourinho, in a press conference at Chelsea’s hotel in Velden, Austria, on Tuesday.
‘Last year we reached the semi-finals and it was a transitional season,’ he added. ‘We had a very young team at the time but, even so, we reached the semi-finals and were playing to win the competition.
‘This season we think we are going to be stronger, the younger players are more experienced, they are stable and better adapted to fighting for titles.’
Despite acknowledging the competitiveness of the English top flight, the 51-year-old said he would not be at Stamford Bridge if he did not think Chelsea could win the Premier League next season.
‘If I didn’t think that way I would go home and let somebody else take charge of the team,’ said the Blues boss.