• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Interviews
  • Sports
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • Jakande Marks One Year in Office in Grand Style with ₦500m Mega Empowerment 
  • Bauchi APC Receives Mass Defectors, Stakeholders’ Absence Raises Eyebrows
  • First Lady Flags-off National Community Food Bank, Commissions PMB Estate, Gateway Medical Centre
  • HAI Launches Grassroots Campaign for Tinubu’s 2027 Re-election
  • 2024 Floods: FG Moves to Rebuild Borno’s Collapsed Bridges, Critical Infrastructure
  • Zulum Pledges N100m, Stronger Partnerships to Revamp UMTH, Borno Healthcare
  • Human Rights Complaints Hit 355,000 As NHRC, Hope Behind Bars Move to Close Nigeria’s Justice Gap
  • NDLEA Nabs Fleeing N39bn Cocaine Cartel Kingpin Nabbed At Lagos Airport
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Gazelle NewsThe Gazelle News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Interviews
  • Sports
The Gazelle NewsThe Gazelle News
Home » Hajj Refunds: CSO Lauds Makinde, Urge Other Governors To Emulate Gesture
Event Gallery

Hajj Refunds: CSO Lauds Makinde, Urge Other Governors To Emulate Gesture

Soffiyyah OlamideBy Soffiyyah OlamideJanuary 16, 2023No Comments10 Views
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Independent Hajj Reporters, (IHR), a civil society organization that seeks to entrench transparency in the Hajj and Umrah industry in Nigeria has commended the Executive Governor of Oyo, Engr. Seyi Makinde over his gesture towards Hajj 2022 pilgrims from his state.

Governor Makinde had ordered the state Muslim Pilgrims Welfare board not to deduct any amount from all the intending pilgrims from the state who missed the Hajj and had asked for a refund.

IHR in a statement signed by its national coordinator Ibrahim Muhammed said it is aware certain deductions were made from pilgrims’ deposits in other states for service already paid for.

The CSO said the words of the governor while receiving the report of Hajj 2022 at the Government House, Agodi Ibadan is gladdening and also pleasing to the intending pilgrims who already lost the chance to perform the Hajj last year.

The Governor equally said that all those pilgrims who want to use their money for the 2023 Hajj would be the first to be considered for the exercise and that they would not make any additional payment to what they have already paid even if the fare for Hajj 2023 turns out to be a bit higher than last year’s.

“This gesture means Oyo State Government will shoulder the differentials of 2023 Hajj fare for intending pilgrims from Oyo state that ‘missed’ the 2022 Hajj. This is worth commending” IHR said.

IHR also urges other State Executives to emulate Makinde by directing their respective States Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Boards/Agencies and Commission’s not to deduct what they call “service charge” from Hajj refunds.

Some of these states kept pilgrims’ deposits in commercial banks for months with accrued interests, yet they still deduct from the exact amount paid by pilgrims who missed Hajj.

IHR restated its commitment to protecting the interest of pilgrims and calls states who are in habit of “manufacturing non-existent and non-rendered services” from deducting money paid by pilgrims especially those pilgrims that could not travel

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
Soffiyyah Olamide

Related Posts

Jakande Marks One Year in Office in Grand Style with ₦500m Mega Empowerment 

August 19, 2026

Bauchi APC Receives Mass Defectors, Stakeholders’ Absence Raises Eyebrows

August 19, 2026

First Lady Flags-off National Community Food Bank, Commissions PMB Estate, Gateway Medical Centre

August 19, 2026

Jakande Marks One Year in Office in Grand Style with ₦500m Mega Empowerment 

August 19, 2026

Bauchi APC Receives Mass Defectors, Stakeholders’ Absence Raises Eyebrows

August 19, 2026

First Lady Flags-off National Community Food Bank, Commissions PMB Estate, Gateway Medical Centre

August 19, 2026

HAI Launches Grassroots Campaign for Tinubu’s 2027 Re-election

August 19, 2026
© 2026 All Rights Reserved. The Gazelle News. Designed By DeedsTech.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.