As the world is uniting to fight the deadly Coronavirus pandemic which has ravaged over 150 countries across the globe, one of the prominent Non-Governmental Organization in Africa, Arise Women has concluded plans to support the Lagos State Government in tackling the virus by donating some vital equipment to further stop the spread.
Led by a Lawyer of 35years cognate experience, Dr Siju Iluyomade, Arise Women has procured several surgical masks, sanitizers, hand gloves, ventilators and many other safety kits that will be presented to the government of Lagos State which has been the epicenter of Coronavirus in Nigeria since the first case was recorded in the country on 27 February, 2020. The team will also be sending food items to some locations in the state to cushion effect of the stay-at-home order government.
The organization which has always being on the forefront of several empowerment and humanitarian activities over the years building hospitals, schools, mobile clinics and empowering over 50,000 Nigerians irrespective of tribe or religion, is joining other well meaning Nigerians, corporate bodies who have come together to support government of the day.
According to Siju as she is fondly called “the times call for payers and goodwill, lets remember the poor, lets reachout with food, hand wash, sanitizers, gloves, mask. Please lets remember the health workers, Doctors, Nurses, Lab technicians, cleaners who are all on the frontline, lets pray for them and their families”
The novel coronavirus since its first case in Wuhan, China, December 2019 has affected over 360,000 and killed over 36,000 across the world, while Nigeria has recorded over 130 confirmed cases, Lagos State has been the epincentre with over 80 cases has been doing great led by Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu
- Videos, Photos As Kogi Youths Protest Alleged Attempt To Burn Down State By SDP Candidate Ajaka
- NHRC Will Henceforth Ensure Bills Violating Human Rights Do Not Get Passed
- Private Sector, Crucial Foundation Of Nigerian Government – VP Shettima; Says Tinubu Poised For Innovation-driven Environment
- Witness Nails Naira Marley Over Card Fraud As His Trial Over ‘Yahoo’ Offence Is Adjourned To 2024
- Cop28: Nigeria Must Solve Energy Poverty Alongside Climate Change Crisis, Says Laolu Akande
- Abiodun Assures Investors Of Availability Of Land, Distributes 5,000 CofOs
- Zenith Bank, CFA Institute To Enhance Finance, Investment Skills
- Ogun Govt Reads Riot Act To Kara Cattle Market Traders Over Unhygienic Environment; Gives 48-hr Ultimatum