The former Managing Director of Petroleum Pricing Monitoring Corporation (PPMC), Engineer Suleiman Achimugu is dead, The Gazelle News.com reports.
The Gazelle News.com reports further that the former PPMC MD died of coronavirus infection.
The family of the deceased in a press statement signed by one Abubakar Achimugu, issued on Monday, 23 March, 2020, confirmed the sad development.
The Gazelle News.com learnt that the late Engineer Achimugu died on Sunday, 22 March, 2020 some days after arriving from Nigeria from the United Kingdom.
“He was in self isolation on his return from the UK and personally called the NCDC after experiencing some discomfort that are related to #COVID19 symptoms.
“He tested positive and was promptly evacuated to the specialist hospital. He died while recieving treatment,” the statement said.
The statement sought prayers for the repose of his soul as well as recovery of infected persons.
“Please maintain the public social distancing and restriction advice as we all walk through this very difficult time,” the Achimugu family said.
The late Achimugu was 67 and has been buried according to Islamic rises.
- APC Members Kick Against Planned Delegates Congress in Kogi
- Videos, Photos As Finals Of Kayode Opeifa-sponsored Handball Competition For Sec Schools Hold
- Naira Policy: Arewa Youths Attack PDP, Atiku For Playing Politics With Nigerians’ Hardships
- I’ll Continue To Campaign For Tinubu, Buhari Declares In Lafia
- Photos As Finals Of Kayode Opeifa – Sponsored Handball Competition For Secondary Schools
- In Lafia, Buhari Declares Tinubu As Next President Of Nigeria; Nigeria Will Recover From Challenges – Tinubu
- Huge Endorsement For APC In Ojo As Alaba International, Alaba Rago Markets Promise Support For Party’s Candidates
- Yinka Egbeyemi-inspired Agege Molebi Forum Distributes 12,000 Free Exercise Books, Pens To Pupils Of 12 Primary Schools In Agege