The former Managing Director of Petroleum Pricing Monitoring Corporation (PPMC), Engineer Suleiman Achimugu is dead, The Gazelle News.com reports.
The Gazelle News.com reports further that the former PPMC MD died of coronavirus infection.
The family of the deceased in a press statement signed by one Abubakar Achimugu, issued on Monday, 23 March, 2020, confirmed the sad development.
The Gazelle News.com learnt that the late Engineer Achimugu died on Sunday, 22 March, 2020 some days after arriving from Nigeria from the United Kingdom.
“He was in self isolation on his return from the UK and personally called the NCDC after experiencing some discomfort that are related to #COVID19 symptoms.
“He tested positive and was promptly evacuated to the specialist hospital. He died while recieving treatment,” the statement said.
The statement sought prayers for the repose of his soul as well as recovery of infected persons.
“Please maintain the public social distancing and restriction advice as we all walk through this very difficult time,” the Achimugu family said.
The late Achimugu was 67 and has been buried according to Islamic rises.
- Currency Float: FG Should Control Markets, Says Olawepo-hashim
- Senator Abiru Shares 150 Bags of 50kg Rice To Residents of Kosofe, Agboyi-Ketu, Ikosi-Isheri Affected by 2023 Flood
- Video, Photos As CAN Youths Seek Islamic Cleric’s Arrest, Banned From Preaching Over Call For Killing of Remi Tinubu
- Videos, Photo As Tinubu Administration Steps Up Bagging of Grains For Supply
- Three Teams Emerge Winners in HabariPay’s Take-on-Squad Hackathon 1.0 for University Undergraduates
- Alleged Defamation: Court Acquits Young Journalists, Chides Police, Kwara Magistrate for Shoddy Trial
- Real Reasons Zamfara Assembly Speaker Was Impeached
- We’re Ready to Adopt Schools – Abuja CIIN