The Minister of Youth and Sports Development, Mr. Sunday Dare, has expressed deep shock and sadness over the death Nigeria Power lifter, Ndidi Nwosu who passed on recently.
Nwosu represented Nigeria at various international competitions, the high point was her Gold medal winning feat at the 2018 Commonwealth Games in Australia.
While expressing deep condolences and sympathy to the family of the iconic powerlifter, Dare extolled the performances of the deceased which raised Nigeria’s profile on the international scene.
“It is with deep shock and sadness that I received the news of the death of Nwosu. Our thoughts and prayers are with her family, friends and colleagues. It is indeed a great loss to Nigerian sports. We pray that God will console her family,” Dare said.
The Minister stated that she will be forever remembered as a patriot who committed herself to advance Nigeria in para powerlifting globally.
He prayed that God will grant Nwosu eternal rest and her family and friends the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss.
- ECOWAS Court Orders Togo To Release 14 Inmates Detained Since 2018; Orders Payment of 30m CFA to Each Detainee
- Yekinni Adeojo GRA: Oyo Govt. Hands Over Mandate Letter To Allianz WA
- Sanwo-Olu Swears-in Two New Cabinet Members
- Araromi Monarch Felicitates With Olofa On Son’s Wedding Ceremony
- COP28: NDDC Seeks Partnerships on Green Innovations
- Makinde Presents N434.2bn 2024 Budget; Education Gets Lion Share Allocation With 20.88%
- Images As RRS Commander Egbeyemi Visits LASAA MD On Inter-agency Engagement
- Opebi-Mende-Ojota Link Bridge Ready In 2nd Quarter Of 2024, Says Sanwo-Olu