Suicide is a bad character. The meaning was discussed in the previous episodes but for the sake of those reading for the first time, it is a public health problem and it can also be defined as a way to end one’s life as a result of a negative experience which could be for the following reasons: health, marriage, education, background, peer pressure, societal pressure, family demand, non achievement etc. But all of these are not enough to kill one’self because there is nobody without problem even if you are the President of a country, you will still have enormous problems.
Don’ts TOWARDS A POTENTIAL SUICIDAL PERSON
(1) Never pressurise a jobless fellow for marriage
(2) Do not pressurise a waiting couple, God will do it at His time.
(3) Do not talk down on people even when it is obvious they are not on the right track. You never can tell the cause of their actions rather correct them in love.
(4) Stop telling fat people, to slim down rather introduce exercises to them and if possible start with them.
(5) Stop blaming Parents whose wards are not doing as expected
(6) Don’t condemn people’s failure rather encourage them to try more because there lies their success.
(7) Don’t use people’s health issue to make a mockery of them rather offer solution
YOUR ROLE TO CURB SUICIDE IN OUR SOCIETY
(1) Check on your friends, neighbours, colleagues and family members. How will you feel to hear that your close friend hanged himself as a result of house rent?
(2) Learn to celebrate people around you during and after their special days because you never can tell what that act can do.
(3) You may not have enough to solve people’s problem but learn to share with people. Sometimes, your five hundred naira can make a teenager have a change of mind to visit hotel. I was surprised when they told me they pay ladies five hundred naira at some hotels. Some of us are more than this despite the undauting nature of our economy. Why not empower these girls and be proud of them tomorrow.
I came across a video of a drug addict (young lady) who was picked by Pastor Tony Rapu for rehabilitation.
Are your resources for only you and your family? Those you fail to assist or train will disturb your children tomorrow.
The judgment of the government/ leaders is in the hands of God so let us complement their effort and do out bits.
Is being nice treating this emotional topic but i hope with the few points mentioned, you will desist from being a potential suicide fellow. Please, share and copy to help others.
For more enquiries, call Kami Empowerment Foundation on 08035220770.