By Abimbola Ogunnaike
PSG winger, Kylian Mbappe, has slammed reports claiming he is ready to quit Paris Saint-Germain to push through a move to Real Madrid as “lies,” just as he also insisted that he is “very happy” at the Parc des Princes.
Recall that of Monday, 12 June, 2023, some reports claimed the 24-year-old French man had informed the Ligue 1 champions of his decision not to exercise a 12-month extension in the contract he signed at the club in May 2022.
This latest development comes just days after Real Madrid, who had two bids rejected for the Frenchman in the summer of 2021, waved goodbye to Karim Benzema.
However, taking to social media on the Tuesday, 13 June, 2023 , Mbappe rubbished speculations he has his eyes on a summer move to the Santiago Bernabeu and insisted he will stay at the Parc des Princes next season despite the ongoing speculation surrounding his future.
“LIES…,” tweeted Mbappe to his 12.4m followers. “At the same time, the bigger it is, the more it passes. I have already said that I will continue next season at PSG where I am very happy.”
Meanwhile, earlier in the afternoon, Mbappe released a statement to France’s AFP news agency insisting PSG had been informed of his decision not to activate the extension clause since July 2022.
“I have NEVER discussed any contract renewal with PSG,” said a statement released by the Frenchman. “The board has been informed since July 15th, 2022 of my decision not to extend beyond 2024 — and the letter sent was only meant to confirm what I already told them”.
It means as things stand, the 24-year-old will be free to leave the French champions on a free transfer at the end of next season.