• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Interviews
  • Sports
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • FCCPC Says Nigerians Pay More for Cement than African Neighbours 
  • Nine Confirmed Dead, Several Injured In India Hotel Fire Disaster
  • Wike Denies Allocating Land On Waterways for Estate Development
  • Mass Demolition Commences on Wike’s Directive After Flooding in Abuja 
  • Tinubu, Akpabio, Doguwa, Others in Closed Door Meeting As Presidential Campaign Starts Today
  • NLC Warns Nigerian Govt of Fresh Health Sector Strike
  • NSIB Now Reports To Presidency, Says DG Badeh
  • 2Baba’s Wife Emerges Minority Leader In Edo Assembly
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Gazelle NewsThe Gazelle News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Interviews
  • Sports
The Gazelle NewsThe Gazelle News
Home » NLC Warns Nigerian Govt of Fresh Health Sector Strike
Uncategorized

NLC Warns Nigerian Govt of Fresh Health Sector Strike

Abimbola OgunaikeBy Abimbola OgunaikeAugust 19, 2026Updated:August 19, 2026No Comments3 Views
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

By Daniel Oluwatobiloba Popoola 

The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has asked the Federal Government to urgently resolve the ongoing salary dispute with the Joint Health Sector Unions (JOHESU), warning that another strike could occur if talks do not resume.

The NLC made the call in a letter dated Thursday, 6 August, 2026, and signed by its President, Joe Ajaero, addressed to the Minister of Labour and Employment.

The development followed a Thursday, 31 July, 2026, letter from JOHESU, in which the union complained about the slow progress in resolving its demands, particularly the adjustment of the Consolidated Health Salary Structure (CONHESS).

The NLC explained that several agreements reached between the government and health workers over the years had not fully addressed their concerns, disclosing that years after signing Memoranda of Understanding, terms of agreement and Collective Bargaining Agreements, alongside promises and assurances from appropriate authorities, members of JOHESU had been ignored or abandoned.

The congress urged the Labour Minister to intervene immediately and ensure that negotiations with the unions resume, while also calling on him to engage the Presidential Committee on Salaries over the issue.

It stressed that the Minister should do all within his power to ensure the immediate resumption of collective agreement negotiations, while also nudging the Presidential Committee on Salaries to fulfil its obligations.

The NLC warned that failure to resolve the dispute could have serious effects on healthcare services and industrial relations across the country.

While clarifying that it was not issuing a threat, the congress promised to support JOHESU should the union decide to resume industrial action.

Health Sector Strike NLC
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
Abimbola Ogunaike

Related Posts

Tinubu, Akpabio, Doguwa, Others in Closed Door Meeting As Presidential Campaign Starts Today

August 19, 2026

Family Announce Burial Arrangements For Sunday Olowa’s Mother Beatrice Oyewole

August 19, 2026

Over 100 Bags Of Human Faeces Found In Aba Residential Building

August 19, 2026

FCCPC Says Nigerians Pay More for Cement than African Neighbours 

August 19, 2026

Nine Confirmed Dead, Several Injured In India Hotel Fire Disaster

August 19, 2026

Wike Denies Allocating Land On Waterways for Estate Development

August 19, 2026

Mass Demolition Commences on Wike’s Directive After Flooding in Abuja 

August 19, 2026
© 2026 All Rights Reserved. The Gazelle News. Designed By DeedsTech.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.