By Daniel Oluwatobiloba Popoola
Veteran Nollywood actor, Jide Kosoko, has disclosed that more than 500 Nigerians have offered to provide spiritual treatment for his colleague, Taiwo Hassan, popularly known as Ogogo, amid his reported battle with stage-four cancer.
Kosoko made the disclosure in a statement on Wednesday, 19 August, 2026 following the emergence on Monday,17 August, 2026 of a video showing Hassan’s daughters, including Shakira Taiwo, in tears and appealing for medical assistance for their ailing father.
The veteran actor said the family and colleagues had received an overwhelming number of offers from people who sincerely believed they had spiritual interventions capable of helping Hassan.
He stated that more than 300 people, and in some cases over 500, had reached out with offers to assist the actor.
Kosoko, however, explained that it had become extremely difficult to move Hassan from the medical facility where he is currently receiving treatment to different locations for spiritual assistance.
He appealed to those who had offered help not to feel offended or disappointed if the family could not bring the actor to them, stressing that moving him from the hospital at this stage of his treatment remained a major challenge.
According to him, the large number of people offering assistance had further complicated the situation, particularly as Hassan was already receiving medical care.
He posed the practical questions of where the actor could be taken and how he could be moved from the hospital while undergoing treatment.
Kosoko subsequently apologised to those who had reached out and urged them to understand that the family’s inability to take Hassan to them did not mean that their intentions or willingness to help were doubted.
He said the overwhelming support had instead touched the family and colleagues, particularly the concern expressed by people across the world over Hassan’s condition.
Kosoko therefore urged members of the public to continue supporting the actor from wherever they were and to keep praying for his recovery.
He said the family appreciated the prayers, concern and support being offered during the difficult period.
The development followed a social media appeal by Hassan’s daughters on Monday, which drew public attention to the actor’s health condition and prompted renewed calls for assistance.
Meanwhile, Hassan’s colleague, Toyosi Adesanya, disclosed on Tuesday,18 August,2026 that the actor had been admitted for immediate treatment following an intervention by Senator Solomon Adeola, the All Progressives Congress governorship candidate in Ogun State for the 2027 election.
The intervention came amid growing concern from colleagues, fans and members of the public over the actor’s reported condition, with several individuals subsequently offering different forms of assistance.
As the actor continues to receive treatment, Kosoko has appealed to supporters to maintain their prayers and support while the family and medical team focus on his care.

